Friday, June 15, 2012

Graduation

First of the list to catch up on...Graduation!

I guess I should change the title of my blog now. I'm no longer a med school wife. I'm now an actual Dr.'s wife! Pretty cool! Did I really start this blog 4 years ago? 4 years ago life looked REALLY different then it does today, different in a really good way. I'm not going to say that life is perfect because that would be a lie, but it is good even with it's up and downs of daily life. Looking on these past 4 years God has provided for us in ways I could never have imagined. I have grown so much as a person and my relationship with the Lord is sweeter. I love that. I also love being a mom and a wife and staying home. That will be another post soon...being new home owners!

Anyways, back to Kurt and his graduation! I'm so proud of him and his accomplishment. He did a great job of balancing school and life. There were definitely hard times with a husband being in school but overall I think the med school stage of life was great! I will always look back on it with great memories. We made some of our very best friends during this time. Oh, one thing I am really going to miss about med school is the long summer breaks and 4 week long Christmas breaks! Gone are those days! Now it's into the real world with scheduling limited time off.

Kurt will be starting his residency July 1st in Kalamazoo, Mi, orientation started yesterday. Now instead of a short white coat, he will be wearing a long white coat! Wow! Also, instead of his coat saying "Kurt Schubert, med student" it says "Kurt Schubert D.O. Cool! Along with being a resident comes longer hours at the hospital from what we have been told until he gets the hang of things and get more efficient with his note taking. So, I think we might be in for the harder part of this whole process as far as time commitments go, but I am trying to remember God's goodness and faithfulness to us. I remember being nervous when he started med school and we moved to a new area and we didn't' know anybody! Sounds a little familiar to life right now, new area, no friends, new "job", only now we have 2 kids and a dog which makes it a bit trickier to get out and explore and hang out. BUT, I KNOW God will provide exactly what we need exactly when we need it. Just trusting Him in this area and trying to spend time with Him more to keep my eyes fixed where they need to be. I'm really thankful we have family somewhat close by and our best friends from med school only an hour away! Praying we find a church quickly!

 Oh, and Kurt is one of the smartest guys I know. Just throwing it out there because I'm proud of him. He seems to know a little big about everything and a lot in a lot of things! Sometimes it bugs me and makes me feel not that smart. I tell him that I am smarter in different ways, House ways, like cooking, sewing, laundry, and things like that.


Ok, Ok so now for the pictures after all my blabbing. That's what you want to see anyways.
 This was at the award banquet a few nights before graduation. Kurt graduated with Honors! See, I said he was really smart!
 Just us. I got my hair just in time for graduation! My highlights were VERY bad!
 Our best med school friends!
 The dress code wasn't black and white I promise! Friends from Bible study. Already missing these girls!
 Kurt's friends and the husbands of the above picture.
 Proud grad
 Kurt awkwardly hugging the dean which I think he did twice. They were required to only do it once.
 I'm hoping my mom or Kurt's mom got a better family picture. Like maybe one that's not quite so white and maybe with the kids looking.
 Kurt's family
 My family
Pretty cute. Future Dr? I think my mom got some of these with Luke and Kurt.

So much more happened over the course of Thursday (the night of the banquet) to Sunday (the day after graduation). So look for my post tomorrow to see what else we were able to cram into 4 days, and these were no little things either!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Awesome post. 2) Love the pics of Mae with the hat! And the family pics of course. 3) This makes me sad. 4) Sweet dress! Did it poke you? (annoying) 5) God will definitely provide exactly what you need. Mac was the perfect pick-up for friends, and now you have not only him, but him and TWO kids! That's like exponential friend pick-up possibilities. 6) All those 20- and 30-something moms in Kalamazoo better watch out, bc they're about to gain a great, great friend. 7) Can we facetime again this weekend? 8) I'm crying so I'll stop.

    ReplyDelete