Sunday, August 29, 2010

Family Practice Conference

So we headed to SC this weekend for a Family Practice Residency thing. I don't know what it was called. I didn't really care. All I cared about was the free hotel, free food we were going to get, and having a "weekend getaway". We went with our friends, Katie and Adam. (We go most places with them). While Kurt and Adam were in workshops Katie and I hit up the free shuttle bus and went out in the blazing heat to a River Walk first of all and then downtown Columbia to a Latin Festival. Sweat was pouring off of us as Katie had to carry her little girl everywhere b/c she forgot the stroller. I got the sweaty back from carrying the backpack. We met the guys back at the hotel for dinner and then hit up the hot tub and then watched a movie. Woke up to have a great breakfast with made to order omelets and then headed back home.

So, now we are back getting ready for Kurt to start his surgery rotation tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. This also means I have to start riding the scooter to work since I don't have my bike yet. So, I will also need to have another practice run this evening. I'm really thankful for our little trip this weekend. It was so nice to have a little time with Kurt. There is something about staying in a hotel that makes the time fun. It makes me feel special in a way.

Well, looking forward to this week and seeing what life will look like this next year...
Let 3rd year begin!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment