Friday, August 13, 2010

Transportation

We needed to get a 2nd car since Kurt will be having to drive up to 40 minutes for his rotations. Instead we decided to get a scooter and 2 road bikes. We'll see if this was a good choice come winter time. Oh yeah and also on rainy days.

I decided I needed to practice driving the scooter before I HAVE to drive it, so today was the day. I made Kurt follow me in the car while I "scooted" to work. It only took me a little over 20 minutes. (note the sarcasm). Kurt's only advice when I reached my destination was "you can go a little faster." Well, I did it and I feel good about it. I'm ready to try it on my own next time. Hopefully our bikes will get here soon so I can bike most days to work. I love accomplishing 2 things at once...getting to work and back home + exercise!!

Can't you just see me know...cruisin down the streets of Blacksburg!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I hope that I get to pass you by on your scooter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one good lookin' scooter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, I'm glad i got to take a spin while we were there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this blog? Silly me...I love it and your photos look great girl what are you shooting with? Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete