Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trip to Canada

Somehow in my super busy summer I missed posting about our trip to Canada for Kurt's dad's retirement party. It was a complete surprise to him that we were all going to be there as you can tell by the look on his face in the picture below. This was taken right after Gary got home from packing up his classroom and we all ran out of the house (all 3 of his sons, their wives, and 4 grand kids).

He was so happy to see us all and we were so happy to see him so surprised! We had a great weekend celebrating his retirement and also his 60th birthday. It was fun to all be together. It had been a while.

I'm really thankful for my in-laws. They are great examples of how to be a hard worker and they have a great marriage. They have always been very welcoming to me and have always made me feel a part of their family. It's fun to be a Schubert!

On our way to the airport we went to Niagra Falls. It was pretty much as I remembered it from when I visited there last...maybe when I was 7 or something. We got caught in a rain storm but got to see a pretty cool rainbow over the falls in the mist.After the falls we got in our rented bright blue Nissan Cube (a little embarrassing but kinda fun since we would NEVER buy a car that ugly) and headed to the airport for our trip home.

2 comments:

  1. That top picture of Kurt's Dad with the surprised face is CLASSIC! So neat you all could be there together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the expression on Kurt's dad's face was amazing!!!
    I love your dress it's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete