Friday, September 10, 2010

Without a Camera...

I feel kind of stranded. I usually have my camera with me wherever I go just in case I want to take pictures. It is always sitting out on the kitchen counter or the table just in case Mac is doing something funny or cute, or I made some awesome meal (not very likely), or some craft, or WHATEVER I WANT TO TAKE A PICTURE OF AT THAT TIME!!! I am feeling a little lonely without it. I also have no pictures to add to my current blog posts. Oh and here is the worst part...I get hired here and there to take pictures for people (engagement, family, newborns, etc.) and I have to borrow my friends camera. Don't get me wrong though...I am VERY thankful for his generosity while I save up for a new one. I just feel bad having to borrow.

My dad took my camera back to NY to the place I bought it from and I got a call today saying it was the lens that has totally gone bad. I know have to decide do I want to just buy a new lens just like the one I had, a new BETTER lens, or a new better camera then what I had. I think I am ready to upgrade on my camera since I am doing more "professional" type pictures with my camera. The main thing is the $$$$$$$$$$!! I wish it grew on trees for once. I have been saving all I have been making from photo shoots and almost have enough to get something.

Decisions, Decisions...for those of you that know me, I am pretty indecisive, so this is hard for me. I'll have to make a decision here soon though, so I'll keep you updated!

For now, I'll keep researching cameras and lenses and I'll keep trying to find the BEST deal. I'll also keep looking at websites and blogs I like of different photographers and drool over their pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Let's not sell yourself short. You can be pretty decisive on some things. Like on your pizza preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, bummer!!! I can totally imagine understand your feeling stranded without your camera. I am glad you have one to borrow to keep doing shoots in the meantime, so you get to keep saving up for the new one. You're welcome to give my Canon Rebel a spin sometime to see how you like it. (I love it! And you could buy an older model and an upgraded lens for the same price as the newest model with kit lens...I did some research for a friend recently and could forward you our exchange if you're interested :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well good luck on your hunt!! Sorry you have to be without I will miss the random mac pictures :)

    ReplyDelete