Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Shout Out

I'd like to give a HUGE shout out to Tim Hartman for recovering my pictures last night after almost 2 hours of trying different things out.

As most of you know I have stepped out in my photography and am trying to have a little business with it. Well, last Thursday morning I had a photo shoot for two brothers both graduating from high school. It was the first time taking pictures of someone I had never met. I bought a brand new memory card on Wednesday night, took a few pictures with it to make sure it worked properly, got ready for the photo shoot in the morning, and went to bed. Thursday morning came, I met the family, took a TON of pictures of the two brothers, and went to work. Friday afternoon I went to upload the pictures, all 370 of them, only to find out that they weren't uploading properly. Every single picture had a portion of it covered up by a solid gray section. I tried uploading again. No luck! I tried it on Kurt's computer and on both of my bosses computers. Still...no luck. I was doing my best, thinking "this is OK, it will work out somehow, don't get stressed out". I was dreading having to call the family and explain what had happened. I took the memory card to CVS and copied a few of the pictures onto a CD to see if this would work. I had a little better luck this time...about half of the pictures I copied had the gray portion covering the picture. Now, what?

Thankfully, Tim was able to come to my rescue!!! I couldn't be more grateful to him for solving the problem. He still is puzzled as to what happened exactly and he could explain a bunch of things that I couldn't, but one thing is for sure. I have all 370 pictures on my computer and I can know get to editing and get these pictures into the right hands...

Thanks again Tim!!!! You are a computer/camera genius!!!!! Be expecting a meal for you and your wife sometime next week!!! and maybe some cookies!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wowowowwow! Way to go Tim! Cindi you had a good attitude about it (the plan of getting what you could from CVS), but you must be so relieved to have the whole set. Was he able to advise you on what to do to avoid this next time (and was it "formatting" the card)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! I also love people who understand technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm so glad he was able to help you, that must have been quite stressful!

    ReplyDelete