Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Before and After - Babies Room

Before (picture from previous owner)
After







Yay! I finished the babies room yesterday with help from my in-laws for the 2 remaining things. I have to say that the room turned out EXACTLY how I was hoping. It is HARD to put together a room for both a boy and girl at the same time! My only hesitation was the rug b/c it had some pink in it and some of the shapes were flowers but after MANY second opinions, no one thought it was "girly". One said, "I wouldn't put it in a teenage boys room, but for a baby, it is great!" So, I went with it and am really happy I did.

Ok, here's the run down!

-painted walls. Valspar color Delicate Mist
-DIY lamp. It used to be a brown base with a cream shade. I covered it with fabric from an old table cloth I bought at a 2nd hand store and spray painted the base
-Rug from IKEA
-Alphabet picture (see previous post)
-Bookshelves - IKEA spice racks painted white (Idea from Pinterest)
-Painted cribs white
-New/old metal basket on floor for toys
-Painted cross stitch frame white
-Hung white curtains I already had
-Name signs, used wood we had in the garage and hung it with twine
-Baby pictures, set up an old quilt as the backdrop and took headshots in the back yard. I bought the frame for $4 at Goodwill and painted it white. The glass broke when trying to remove it so I had to improvise. I hot glued twine across the frame and then secured the pictures with tiny clothes pins I already had.
-Dresser I already had from my dad
-Chair from Target that I already had

So there you have it!


3 comments:

  1. looks so great!! Hope you guys are doing great and the start to residency is going great for Kurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindi,

    I love it! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi. Seriously. AMAZING!!! I can't imagine a more beautiful or fitting room. Beautiful solution to decorating a boy AND girl's room. I was so inspired by this I finally finished a frame wall in Micha's room. I love the idea of the spice rack for books, I might have to add a couple of those in the living room!

    ReplyDelete