Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pinterest Inspired Craft

My inspiration found on Pinterest (from Land of Nod)
My finished project!
I saw the above wall hanging a while back on Pinterest and followed it back to it's source which was the store Land of Nod. I can't remember the exact amount it was selling for but it was around $50-60. I thought it looked easy enough to make and it was!

Here's how I did it in case you are interested:

I bought the frame at a Re-store for $4 and painted it white with paint I already had.
I hot glued white fabric to the cardboard back
I cut out the letters from fabric I already had.
I used spray adhesive that I use for quilting to attach the letters to the white fabric background.
That's it! Easy! and done in 1 day!

If you wanted it for a boy room you could do blues and greens and for a girl pinks, yellows, and reds. That's what the store was selling, a boy and girl version. I made mine gender neutral since my boy and girl twins share a room.

Now I just have to hang it. 

2 comments:

  1. Yours is better than the original. I went to the Thrift store today looking for a frame. No dice this time, but I'll keep searching! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete