Monday, June 7, 2010

Passing it on

Last year I learned how to quilt from my good friend Katherine and I have now passed on the skills to another friend. She had NEVER used a sowing machine so there were lessons learned in that aspect too. We picked out the fabric together and then she went to work. She would call with questions, she would run over to my place for me to help her, I would stop by her place to fix something, etc. She did awesome!!!! I'm so proud of her and can't wait to teach someone else. It is so fun! She gave the quilt away this weekend to her good friend so now I can post about it. I didn't want to risk the VERY small chance of the friend reading my blog...I don't even know her! But who knows who's out there reading my stuff. (yeah right)

3 comments:

  1. I'm already going to go ahead and comment to Emily...when you read this...I wrote this earlier today but saved it to send out later. I read your post today before I posted mine and it is funny how our titles are very similar and also our commenting on "all our readers"
    We must be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAYYY!!! Thanks Quilt Mom!!! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meredith, that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete