Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Verses to Pray...for your children or your friends children (and yourself too I suppose)

I got this from my friends blog and think it's an awesome way to incorporate scripture into your daily life for your children. I want to be able to have scripture verses to back up what I teach my kids, starting now, even though they don't understand me yet. I'll hopefully get into a habit of it.

Day 1- SALVATION
Lord, I pray you will bring my children to "obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory" (2 Tim. 2:10)

Day 2- GROWTH IN GRACE
I pray that my children may "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18)

Day 3- LOVE
May my children "walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us" (Ephesians 5:2)

Day 4- PURITY
Grant, O God, the grace and strength needed for my child to "keep (himself) pure" and to "flee youthful lusts" (1 Timothy 5:22, 2 Timothy 2:22)

Day 5- LOVE FOR PARENTS
God, I pray for love and harmony in our family. I ask especially that You would "turn the heart of the fathers to the children and the heart of the children to their fathers" (Malachi 4:6)

Day 6- RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY
Teach my child to "obey (his) parents in the Lord" and to "honor his father and mother". Teach him also to "esteem" his pastor "very highly in love for his work's sake", and to be submissive to all spiritual authorities You choose to place over him. (Eph. 6:1-2, 1 Thess. 5:12)

Day 7- MERCY
In this hard-hearted and self-centered culture, I pray for my child that he might value the needs of others and blessings which result from doing so. You have promised "blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy." I pray that blessing for him. (Matthew 5:7)

Day 8- LOVE FOR GOD'S WORD
May my children grow to love God's Word and to find it more desirable than "much fine gold:sweeter than honey and the honeycomb" (Ps. 19:10)

Day 9- LOVE FOR GOD
Lead my child deeper and deeper into a loving relationship with You, O God. May he "love the Lord with all his heart, with all his soul, and with all his mind, and with all his strength" Instill in my child a soul that "follows hard after You" and clings passionately to You. (Matt. 22:37, Ps. 63:8)

Day 10- CHOICE OF LIFE MATE
May the "Lord God of heaven send his angel before (my child)", and direct his paths to Your choice of a mate, so we too can say "the matter comes from the Lord...the Lord has spoken" (Gen 24:7,50-51).

Day 11- A SERVANT'S HEART
God, may "this mind be in (my children) which was also in Christ Jesus (Who) made himself nothing and took upon himself the form of a servant" (Phil. 2:5,7)

Day 12- CONTENTMENT
Teach my children "in whatever circumstances they find themselves, to be content" (Phil 4:11)

Day 13- RESISTANCE TO THE DEVIL
Oh Lord, give them an awareness of Satan's power without undue fear, and teach them to "resist the devil" with the "whole armor of God" (James 4:7, Eph. 6:13)

Day 14- BIBLICAL SELF-ACCEPTANCE
God, I ask that You lead my children into a deep understanding of who they are in Christ. Help them to see that they are "accepted in the beloved", that they are "complete in Him", and that their "sufficiency is of Christ" (Eph. 1:6, Col 2:10, 2 Cor 3:5)

Day 15- A FORGIVING SPIRIT
Protect my children, O God, form the "root of bitterness which troubles" so many today. grant them that they might forgive others "even as Christ forgave "them" (Col 3:13)

Day 16- WISE CHOICE OF COMPANIONS
Lord, lead my children to choose to "walk with the wise", and the wisdom to understand that "a companion of fools will be destroyed" (Prov 13:20)

Day 17- FEAR OF GOD
Lord, teach my children that the "fear of the Lord is a fountain of life" and may they be satisfied by drinking of it. Teach them the meaning of this fear and lead them to apply it to their everyday life. (Prov 14:27, 19:23)

Day 18- FAITH
I pray that a seed of faith, even the size of "a mustard seed" may find root in my child's heart and move mountains of difficulty. (Luke 17:5-6)

Day 19- BIBLICAL VIEW OF GOD
May my children see You so "high and lifted up" that all else will pale in significance to that vision. (Is. 6:1)

Day 20- Holiness
Dear Lord, lead my children's steps that they "might share His holiness." (Hebrews 12:10)

Day 21- Strong Worship Life
Teach my children to balance their service with their worship of You. Help them to "choose that good part which will not be taken away." (Luke 10:42)

Day 22- Wisdom
Lord, "wisdom is the principle thing for my children. Help them to get it, and in all their "getting, help them get understanding" as well. (Proverbs 4:7)

Day 23- Consistent Prayer Life
May my children feel such a kinship with You, O Lord, that they may "pray without ceasing." (I Thess. 5:17).

Day 24- Work Ethic
May my children learn that "in all labor there is profit" at an early age, and apply themselves to work "heartily as to the Lord" (Prov 14:23, Col. 3:23).

Day 25- Choice of Career
God, lead the steps of my children to that time and place where ":it shall be told [him] of all things which are appointed for [him] to do." (Acts 22:10).

Day 26- Gratitude
Create in my child a heart of gratitude, that he might "give thanks for all thing" and "in everything" for this is the will of God for him. (Eph 5:20, I Thess. 5:18)

Day 27- Trust in God
Dear God, as the Lord Jesus Christ "committed Himself to Him who judges righteously" even in His darkest hour, so let my children learn to trust You even in the midst of suffering. (I Peter 4:19)

Day 28- Joy
O God, guide them to Your side for "in Your presence is fullness of joy." Protect them from dutiful service and may they "serve the Lord with gladness." (Psalm 16:11, 100:2).

Day 29- Humility
May my child "humble [himself] in the sight of the Lord" that You might "lift [him] up." (James 4:10)

Day 30- Self-Control
May my children come under the control of the Spirit and enjoy the fruit of "temperance" or self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23).

And here's an updated picture of the ones I'm praying for daily.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I wrote a comment today but it is not on here. This pic is so great. Could you send me a pic of it?They look so eager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great post! I've already started using the verses. Thank you for sharing!! And you know I love that picture!!!

      Delete
  2. Ooohh, I love this. I'll start tomorrow! Great picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is really neat!! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete