Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Williamsburg, VA

We spent last weekend in Williamsburg, VA with our friends, thanks to their parents that let us use their time share. It was a great getaway.
Highlights included...
-walking around Colonial Wiliamsburg. It made me think of a simpilar time in life...no cars...big stores...internet...etc. Just your town with cute houses, white picket fences, fun gardens, the 1 local store to shop at, homemade things, etc. Don't get me wrong though, I know the settlers had to work very hard for their living and went through many hardships!!
-eating some GREAT sandwhiches at The Cheese Shop. You should go there if you ever visit Williamsburg
-Dunkin Donuts run with Kurt Sunday morning
-Good quality time with our friends. This was our 2nd vacation with them. We're already planning the next!

*You can click on the collage to view it bigger.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I forgot to tell you on Sunday--Bryce and I went to Williamsburg the weekend before last for a wedding, and because I read this post, we went to lunch at The Cheese Shop! Thanks for the recommendation! Bryce was like, "I don't just want to eat cheese for lunch" and I said, "No, really, I head it's awesome!" And we both loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good...my reading is having an influence on people...just what I was hoping for. I'm glad you liked it!!! We ate there twice. The sandwiches were amazing!!!!!! I want to recreate them!

    ReplyDelete