Monday, January 11, 2010

Semi Homemade


There's something about making things. I love the personal touch you can add to them and the creativity involved.

This year's Christmas was semi-homemade for me. I bought most of the gifts we gave away, but made a few. We got some great homemade gifts from my brother and his wife. Emily made me 2 bracelets, granola and salt scrub for the shower. Andy made Kurt an awesome paddle and me a wooden spoon. From my end came homemade soap and jelly, some ornaments using cookie cutters, scrap book paper and pictures (the ones I made for my mom have pictures of her grand kids in them), and coffee coozies.

I have big plans for next year already and plan to get a jump start on them during these winter months.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and maybe get some good ideas for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Too cute, those little ornaments are adorable and the coffee coozie is so fun, where did you get the idea for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl...thanks for sharing. Oh I was with your Madre last night she is very content in the way things are going and anxious to take care of it. Good heh??? Love ya. Tia Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I had seen the coozie on a blog I follow and then my friend found a tutorial and said she was going to make some so I joined in. They were super easy and fun to make!

    Aunt Cindi, My mom said they hung out with you guys for a bit last night. That is nice. I think all the news they have been getting is good! I'm also ready for her to get it over with!

    ReplyDelete