Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rotations

We have reached a big milestone in med school...rotation assignments. We found out on Monday that we will be staying right here in Blacksburg. Kurt will have all his rotations in a 30 mile radius of here which means he won't have to leave me for whole weeks at a time! I am thankful for that! When we were getting to put down our requests for rotations regions part of me wanted to go to a new place for a new adventure but the more realistic side of me wanted to stay here. We have GREAT friends, I have a job that has been a huge blessing, we have a church (although I'm not super attached to it), and we know the area. I didn't want to have to start all over with all those things again for only another 2 years before we moved AGAIN for Residency. So, when the day came to find out I called Kurt at least 5 times to see if he found out and my friend to see if she had heard anything from her husband.

We planned a celebratory dinner at Moes with all our friends. There were about 15 of us there 6 of which were med students . I was reminded again how blessed we are here with the friends God has brought into our lives! Everyone got their first choice and all are staying except for one couple is moving to NJ but that is where they requested.

God is good and I am reminded of that pretty regularly these days!

1 comment: